Tuesday, October 14, 2014

cutaneous


I remember the first time I touched you:
the smile that crawled upon my lips
when our hands met,
the electricity building between us
and set free as your hips pressed into mine.
Touching you has become my captor and my release.
Skin.
The protective shield that lets you in,
owning every inch of my organ,
my nerves rejoicing at your gentle caress.
The creamy feel of running my fingers
down the skin wrapped around your spine.
The shivers sent upwards, as your soft lips
plant kisses my shoulders, leaving a faint trace:
a longing, a craving for more.
Every pore of me seeks your embrace.
I have never felt more at home
than with your skin against my skin,
eternally, beautifully, willingly captive.
I am certain we have never been closer to Heaven here
except when your naked body brushes against mine,
releasing every pain, every sorrow, every regret.
And although our fate is the same, and our
bodies may crumble with death
returning to ashes and dust,
evaporating water and blood and flesh;
I will never forget what it is like
to touch your outermost layer.



i wrote this july 1st, 2013. for ryan, of course. i like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment